Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I suspect it has) but I haven't been able to find anything recent.

I've been considering getting either a facelift e46 or a pre-LCI e92 (probably no newer than 2008 to avail of the lower tax regime). Naturally I'm looking at the UK second hand market.

I imported my last car (2013 e92 320d) and found the process to be pretty easy. My only issue with importing an M3 of course is there is no certainty around the quantum I'm likely to have to pay because these cars have for some reason been removed from the VRT calculator website. To be fair to Revenue (), I can almost understand why they are reluctant to give estimates because these cars have gotten to a stage where some subjective/intangible factors can have a significant effect on value (e.g. whether an e46 is a manual or SMG, coupe or vert, etc.).

Has anyone imported either of these cars recently or have any idea of what kind of OMSP Revenue are valuing them at right now? It's very difficult to estimate this given the tiny pool of reference cars in Ireland and for the reasons I mentioned above.