Two things to remember here.

This is an Article, which, if I understand my EU correctly, means that it then has to be enacted by legislation in each EU country by their own parliament, so it’s safe enough to say that it will be some years before it’s in place, especially in this country - see next point.

Two, the biggest “losers” in this situation are likely to be the huge dotnet companies that have changed the world but also played loose with the rights of many copyright holders in making their billions. A lot of the things you read in opposition to this idea, and a lot of scaremongering, will come directly, but even more likely indirectly, from the vested interests that the Articles are trying to manage. I suspect that some of the same tactics that influenced discussion on the US 2016, Brexit, etc will come in to play. Never mind the filtering software, etc, the big fear of the big companies is that will have to protect the copyright of artists, songwriters, etc or pay them for using their copyrighted material. Given the presence of a number of these companies in Ireland, I expect we will see this country taking a snails pace at implementing the necessary legislation.