Hey guys, I’m selling the wife’s Astra as she has got a new car. It’s got 98k kms and she’s had it for 6 years. It’s NCT’d till the end of Sept and has a full service history. Overall it’s in good condition but the bodywork does have some parking scratches being totally honest. Full text from the add is below and the link to the DD ad (with pictures) is here: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...-sale/21624861

I think it would make a good starter car for someone. I’m asking €2,400 on DD but would take €2,000 from someone on here.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Thanks

Stephen

I’m selling my wife’s 2008 Opel Astra 1.4 SXi 3 door. It’s very low mileage for the year with only 98,200 genuine kilometres. It’s an original Irish car and she is the third owner, having purchased it from Sandyford Opel in June 2013. Since then it’s been used as a second car by her commuting to and from work, a c. 14km daily round trip - hence the low mileage.

It has a full service history, initially with Opel and then with independent mechanics, most recently by Jack Jordan Motors (Dublin city centre) who is excellent and I have been using for c. 10 years. The car is in great mechanical condition and has been very reliable under our ownership. It is NCT’d till September 2019 and it passed the last test with no issues.

It’s a reasonable spec with 16” alloys, metallic paint, air conditioning, , ABS brakes, twin airbags, electric windows, electric mirrors, multi-function leather steering wheel, power steering, a CD player, remote central locking and front fog lights.

We put two new Firestone tyres on the front in mid 2018 and they have about c. 5k kms on them. The rear tyres are Bridgestone and have c. 50% thread left at a guess. We installed a new battery and new wipers in March 2018.

The tax is cheap (€385) and it’s pretty economical being a 1.4. We are only selling the car as she has had it nearly six years and felt it was time for a change.

For total disclosure, here are the negative points:
* While the bodywork is in good condition overall, it does have some parking scratches (to be fair it is an eleven year old car) – the worst of which is in the last photo
* One of the two keys isn’t in great condition, it still works but the remote central locking housing for the key could do with being replaced. We use it as the spare
* The aircon could do with a regas
* Tax is out at the end of April

Given the low mileage, I’m asking €2,400 ono

Thanks for looking