Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: e46 m3 vrt price

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    While I'm not doubting you, if spending north of €20k on an E46, would it not make a whole lot more sense to go for an E92 instead - https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...coupe/21230905 (which has been discussed on here before). Sure neither are going to bottom out much further price-wise in future....

If I was in the market, it would be a no brainer TBH. Of course you can argue that they're different cars - the E92 being possibly more refined & road biased.

Discuss.
    2 more rod bearings, an extra throttle actuator, 2 more spark plugs. No measurable performance difference to an e46. Arguably worse build quality. Only pro for the e9x is the noise.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bear View Post
    2 more rod bearings, an extra throttle actuator, 2 more spark plugs. No measurable performance difference to an e46. Arguably worse build quality. Only pro for the e9x is the noise.
    I’m one of the few that used endless man maths to justify owning both at the same time. The e92 is by far the better all rounder by quite a considerable distance. On the perfect road, on the perfect day, I’d choose the e46 m3, but for everything else the e92 won for me.