Hi,

To date I've resisted fitting an aftermarket head unit because I wanted to maintain the OEM look and I enjoy the steering wheel control functionality. However after a fair amount of time and effort fitting various different Aux connections to my OEM head unit I've come to the conclusion that I need an aftermarket head unit if I want decent sound quality, particularly as I am trying to play music through my 160GB iPod Classic which I just can't seem to get to sound good through an Aux connection into this head unit.

So I am looking for a head unit that won't look too out of place in my centre console and, if possible, work with the steering wheel controls. Can anyone recommend a head unit that might achieve this?

I have been considering an Alpine UTE-200BT, because it looks relatively subtle and apparently has full RGB spectrum illumination so I could get the display the same orange colour as the rest of the lights on the dash board. The only question is whether I can get it to work with the steering wheel controls, which apparently I can do with a kit like this from eBay.

Has anyone ever gotten steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket head unit like this?

Many thanks!