Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Couple of people have said that to me about the m4 convertible...I dont know how it could be underwhelming, the engine is an atomic bomb of a thing but it seems to be consistent across a few people.
Sorry Moe, only seeing this now! Truth be told, I only had the car for about an hour and wasn't exactly spanking it on some of the roads in Dublin.
However, it seemed to lack that 'fizz' and also there was definitely a delay in getting on the power at low revs.

Maybe there was something wrong with this particular car, but it only had about 4k miles... I distinctly remember this as I brought my own M into work that day and I jumped into it afterwards - it definitely felt more special, the metallic rasp at start-up and the instant throttle response.

About 4 weeks after this, I got a chance to drive another colleagues E92 M3. I went in with low expectations but was instantly blown away with how it drove and sounded. After driving it, I remember cursing the owner (jokingly of course ) as I could finally see a worthy successor to my own car. I didn't get that with the M4 convertible. In the end, head overruled the heart and I stopped looking and sold the M.