Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G30 model now added to the egr recall list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

G30 model now added to the egr recall list

had a new 5 series towed in to us the other day and came up as showing egr recall
    got the official confirmation last night that they are now adding the G30 to the recall list so people will be getting letters out in the current weeks
    if you have one or know someone with one and want to know if its involved in the recall let me know and ill check it
    anyone with one id suggest getting in touch with your nearest dealer quick as booking times in most places are bad enough as it is

BMWHaus Guru
    I was told that there are cars in warehouses here in Ireland waiting for parts, is that true I wonder.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I was told that there are cars in warehouses here in Ireland waiting for parts, is that true I wonder.
    Very......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I know a guy who was 6 weeks in a Qashqai waiting for his 420d to be seen to.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    I know a guy who was 6 weeks in a Qashqai waiting for his 420d to be seen to.
    Very clever (deliberate) ploy on BMW's part - put you in blandness personified and you'll never then stray from another BMW in future....
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    Very clever (deliberate) ploy on BMW's part - put you in blandness personified and you'll never then stray from another BMW in future....
    Exactly, a mate was left in a standard 1.6d golf for 3 weeks. Complained every day about the blandness and this is his first BMW. Years in other makes and only took 6 months to cop they were wasted years, another convert..

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nickthepartsguy View Post
    had a new 5 series towed in to us the other day and came up as showing egr recall
    got the official confirmation last night that they are now adding the g30 to the recall list so people will be getting letters out in the current weeks
    if you have one or know someone with one and want to know if its involved in the recall let me know and ill check it
    anyone with one id suggest getting in touch with your nearest dealer quick as booking times in most places are bad enough as it is
    172 d 7506

that ones ok eddie

models effected are ones that were released before the new egrs came on the market so 171 regs will be likely culprits

yea there is a few sites around that have just turned into waiting areas for cars,bmw Ireland hold most of them and then any dealer with places for them hold on to as many as they can for their regular customers
    we have an area just down the road from us beside the old agnelli building for ours
    most of the f10 models have the coolers available 2 to 3 days now after ordering but its the backlog that's the issue with wait times
    theres 2 or 3 coolers for cars that take 3 weeks or more to come over from germany as they cant keep up with the demand for them
    weve had a few people who wont hand over the cars and keep driving them until the parts in...I think a few videos popped up of them online by the side of the road over the past few months

chains on the g30 seem to be fine but I haven't seen that many going over the 100k mile marker yet so fingers crossed
    ill be sticking to the older 6 cylinder models as they are far more reliable

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
    that ones ok eddie

models effected are ones that were released before the new egrs came on the market so 171 regs will be likely culprits

yea there is a few sites around that have just turned into waiting areas for cars,bmw Ireland hold most of them and then any dealer with places for them hold on to as many as they can for their regular customers
    we have an area just down the road from us beside the old agnelli building for ours
    most of the f10 models have the coolers available 2 to 3 days now after ordering but its the backlog that's the issue with wait times
    theres 2 or 3 coolers for cars that take 3 weeks or more to come over from germany as they cant keep up with the demand for them
    weve had a few people who wont hand over the cars and keep driving them until the parts in...I think a few videos popped up of them online by the side of the road over the past few months

chains on the g30 seem to be fine but I haven't seen that many going over the 100k mile marker yet so fingers crossed
    ill be sticking to the older 6 cylinder models as they are far more reliable
    So you're saying that my M57 is now a desirable engine? (as desirable as can be for a diesel )

cant go wrong with the m57 or the n57 in the e90