Cant speak for gtechniq coatings as I never used them, but any I have applied would have offered more resistance to swirling than the actual clear coat....that doesn't mean scratch proof and I feel that some manufacturers and approved applicators sometimes hype up the ability of coatings. I personally always stressed that they are definitely not a fool proof protection system, and in doing so probably talked myself out of quite a bit of work...would rather that than a mislead customer. It's not just that aspect that I made them aware of, but things like their glassy appearance, the need for a few new bottles of products that replace some of their current arsenal, not to wax ot seal over it as most car lovers enjoy a few hours on occasion and are tempted to attempt boost shine but this negates the coating.

Certainly dust rubbed on the car will affect most coatings. What Wash Mitt and Drying Towel are you using? Doubt you have the process wrong.

I can tell the company from the pictures, and would be pretty confident that there were no shortcuts taken in terms of prep, polishing, application, etc. Definitely strange that a coating durable for 5 year (or is it more??) would mark so noticeable so soon. Be interested to hear what gtechniq will say.