Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I expecting too much from ceramic coat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Am I expecting too much from ceramic coat

So I had a ceramic coat done gtechniq crystal serum ultra with the exo water repellent coat over.

I've had the car back about 8 weeks and I've washed it twice in that time; snow foam and two bucket method with all g techniq products drying towels microfiber etc.

Even after just those washes its starting to swirl again; I've also noticed where I dried off a water mark with a microfiber cloth it swirled it quite badly and where a friend rubbed the roof with his hand left clear swirls.

Are these every day things too much for the ceramic coating? And if they are is it even worth doing in the first place?

Trying not to rant here because I'm not very educated on the topic but it was not a cheap thing to do and I'm feeling like it was a bit of a waste of money tbh.

Thanks

Dillon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seems to be a soft ceramic coating alright. Did you try polish it? Just remember at the swirls are now contained to the ceramic coating rather than your paint. Or maybe you are using too much pressure while washing the car. Lad in work got his done about a month ago and had no issues with it swirling being hand washed every week

BMWHaus Contributor
    Did it have a proper two stage correction before the ceramic coat was applied? If not the swirls could be locked in under the coating

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by E90 Brian View Post
    Did it have a proper two stage correction before the ceramic coat was applied? If not the swirls could be locked in under the coating
    This. .....................
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    depends who did the work as well
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

BMWHaus Contributor
    yes I think it did as I seen some progress pics of the polish and a before and after of the bootlid.

I dont want to name where I got it done but it's a reputable place and I paid for a full paint correction prior and interior engine bay wheels off hubs painted etc - spent 1500 on the full service

I was worried it was rushed though as he kept pushing the finish date back further and further - he had the car for two weeks but I think he only started working on it in the last few days

BMWHaus Contributor
    The progress pics

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    The progress pics

Who did the work? I know someone who got a ceramic coating done by a guy who posts on FB and based not too far away from me. The quality of the work done on the car I saw was terrible and it didn’t last.

BMWHaus Contributor
    PM sent John

BMWHaus Contributor
    Brian at spirit detailing did mine last week.

Im very very happy.

He uses a Japanese made ceramic