Thread: Vinyl wrapping

Vinyl wrapping

The R53 has a white roof and white wing mirrors and a load of chrome - I want to get rid of both in favour of black. Choices are getting everything painted or wrapped so I'm trying to weigh up if painting is much more costly and if so is it worth the extra cost.

For the chrome If I go with wrapping for the chrome can get everything I need from the UK for around €200 and can fit it all myself - for the roof/wing mirrors was thinking a vinyl wrap - anyone any experience with wrapping - so many questions - does it really last? If you get a gloss wrap can you treat like paint, i.e. washing, waxing, etc. Any recommendations where to enquire about wrapping?

It's not a show car so at this point I am leaning towards the wrapping.

BMWHaus Guru
    Wrapping makes a lot of sense from a cost perspective and with the added bonus of being totally reversible. Definitely the way to go IMO especially since you said you’re not too fussy.

As far as I remember you can treat it like paint but I don’t have first hand experience.

BMWHaus Guru
    Ive seen plenty of work done by Phil from Tint-It, including Minis. He has tinted windows for me too and I've been happy. 087 9365844

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Ive seen plenty of work done by Phil from Tint-It, including Minis. He has tinted windows for me too and I've been happy. 087 9365844
    Thanks John