Thread: Throwing stars on a e36

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Throwing stars on a e36

Does anyone run these on their e36? Just wondering what Tyres can u used? They are 8j non staggered and et 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used 215/40 tyres on a wheel set with the same specs. There will be slight stretch but not extreme

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo View Post
    I’ve used 215/40 tyres on a wheel set with the same specs. There will be slight stretch but not extreme

That small!! Was hoping for more rubber,especially in the rear.

BMWHaus Guru
    215's aren't that small a tyre - I had to go for them with the style 5's on my own. I'd been hoping to have at least a 225 on there, but they were rubbing. Reality is, I'm not going to be tracking the car on those wheels - so the 215 is absolutely fine for day to day driving. Minimal stretch too. If you're putting down a lot of power and you really want a wider tyre you might need to reevaluate though.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    215's aren't that small a tyre - I had to go for them with the style 5's on my own. I'd been hoping to have at least a 225 on there, but they were rubbing. Reality is, I'm not going to be tracking the car on those wheels - so the 215 is absolutely fine for day to day driving. Minimal stretch too. If you're putting down a lot of power and you really want a wider tyre you might need to reevaluate though.
    Just I’m running 245 and 225 17” at the moment on the sunflowers.and like a meaty tyre.not big power but on a 328.maybe roll them to get a 225.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bb1981 View Post
    Just I’m running 245 and 225 17” at the moment on the sunflowers.and like a meaty tyre.not big power but on a 328.maybe roll them to get a 225.
    I had 245's and 225's on mine for years - its running an M50B25 now and to be honest it would be totally overtyred on the 245's. Its not really a powerful car by modern standards - its putting down the same power as a relatively recent 320d. Don't get me wrong, if I had sunflowers or contours on I'd want the correct tyre size - but the 215 has been fine.