Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Alternator?

Changed torch, no more battery drain bad ignition switch can cause window problems,vanity light to stay on,door mirrors not working,

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Changed torch, no more battery drain bad ignition switch can cause window problems,vanity light to stay on,door mirrors not working,
    By torch do you mean the light in glove box? That goes out after 16 minutes. I actually see current drop after 1 min. There is no voltage going through fuses except the immobilzer. But for some reason folding mirror circuit causes 0.01 amp flickering. I will plug the fuse back in and see if it drains the battery since 0.01 amp is tiny. I think all these problems were caused by lose terminal connection at the front which so alternantor wouldnt charge the battery sometimes causing it to go dead over time.

The torch,not the light,noticed torch not working and replaced with another one,no more discharge,last winter i dropped a key in the car,used torch and found it ,put it in to glove box but not into charger,a few weeks later i put it back in, battery dead after a few days, i had left the old torch in in glove box and put it in by mistake ,