Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N54 vrt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

N54 vrt

Hi guys,

Bringing in a 135i but have to go to VRT it, last car I brought in they wanted to see the engine number on the block, this car was brought in from Japan so unsure if a UK import will be different but I'm assuming they'll want to see the engine number on the block again.

I can't seem to find the number, atleast not easily. I was wondering if people knew a location easy to find it or do I've to basically strip the car at the center to find it.

also wondering if anyone got a quote on a 135i coupe M sport before as it's not on the calculator.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by sphession View Post
    also wondering if anyone got a quote on a 135i coupe M sport before as it's not on the calculator.
    it is on calculator ..... scroll down the list , will be nearly at the end
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

The car is an e82 135i, the calculator has the f20 m135i alright. Hoping it'll be similar to an e92 335i but I'm sure it'll be more.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I’ve never heard of them checking engine numbers.

Yeah it was a first for me too, but the girl was telling me I couldn't continue the process until I showed here the engine number on the block, luckily easily found on my last car.

maybe it was just for a Japanese import, but the same person wouldn't give my brother a quote on a mk7 GTI because it didn't have a bluemotion badge on it (which none of them do) and sent it to Shannon.

BMWHaus Guru
    Buried at the back of the engine block near the gearbox bell housing on a sticker. Or stamped on the block underneath the intake manifold. Tbh I’d doubt they’ll ask to see it, never heard of them asking for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if was new, probably just because the last car was from Japan so.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I’d say just bring to a different centre. Sounds like somebody doing more than their job requires. All the info is on the paperwork coming from the country of origin. If they want to take the car apart to see something it should be at their expense.

If your asked for it again say it’s on the paperwork, if they won’t Vrt the car say fine and don’t leave until you have something in writing saying they have refused to take your money. They won’t be so smart then.

Cheers, I think your spot on with that assumption.