Thread: R53 Mini - Enabling remote locl/unlock for a new key

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

R53 Mini - Enabling remote lock/unlock for a new key

After searching endlessly online for how to program a new remote key for my R53 Mini I had a chat with the lads at Morrisons Mini. It turns out that no end of fiddling with turning the ignition on and off 3 times, pressing and holding various buttons, etc. doesn't work.

You need to use DIS or ISIS or ISID! AND you need the bar tag that comes attached to the key when you pick it up from the dealers. Here is the proces for those looking to do the same, I don't want anyone else to go through the frustration I did.

This functional description contains informations on the subject of logging remote keys on/off to/from the ZKE. To replace the ZKE, follow the specified instructions.

Four remote keys are encodable for the central locking system in the ZKE. These keys contain three different codes. These codes are encoded into the control unit at the plant by the bar code tag. On vehicle delivery these bar code tags are attached to each remote key.

IMPORTANT: Notify the customer that these bar code tags are kept safe. These data are only stored on the bar code tag and in the ZKE control unit.

Bar code tag
    The following example shows the two number/letter combinations on the bar code tag. The two number/letter combinations are separated by asterisks. On newer tags the number/letter combinations are printed in two rows.

*02535EE7835EDFFA**FFFFFFFFDACA115*

or

*02535EE7835EDFBA*

*FFFFFFFFDACA115*

The number/letter combinations generate the three codes which must be entered using the service function.

From the first number/letter combination the first and last elements (here *0 and A*) are struck out. This produces from the first number/letter combinations the basic code and the rolling code.

2535EE - Basic code (position 3 - 8 in the first letter/number combination counted with asterisk)

7835ED - Rolling code (position 9 - 14 in the first letter/number combination counted with asterisk)

From the second number/letter combination the first position (*) and the last two positions (here 5*) are struck out.

The cipher code is obtained from the letters/numbers of positions 15 and 16 of the first combination and the remaining letters/numbers of the second combination.

Remote key + FFFFFFFFDACA11 = FBFFFFFFFFDACA11 - cipher code

Logging on a further remote key in the ZKE
    Procedure
    :

In the service program under - - - select the item “Read key data”. Read the central locking codes of all the keys. Select a key position which in all the codes is only assigned with “F”. This key position is free.

In the service program select the item “Log on key”. Write the central locking codes according to the specification on the bar code tag to the ZKE. Writing the data is only permitted to a free key position! !Follow the instructions in the service program.

Logging off a remote key in the ZKE
    Procedure
    :

In the service program under - - - select the item “Read key data”. Read the central locking codes of all the keys. For improved understanding, print out the pages of the four keys.

Then repeatedly open and close the central locking with all the remote keys which are NOT to be logged off.

In the service program under - - - select the item “Read key data”. Read the central locking codes of all the keys. For improved understanding, print out the pages of the four keys.

Determining the key position to be blocked: The central locking code “Rolling code” of the key which is to be logged off has not changed. On the actuated keys the “Rolling code” must have changed.

In the service program select the item and then specify the key position of the key to be logged off.

Replacing the ZKE
    Case 1: The ZKE still has diagnostic capability (new ECU must be encoded beforehand). The encoding data can be transferred via the path Encoding / Programming in accordance with the instructions. The central locking codes are transferred here from the old ZKE to the new ZKE.

Case 2: The ZKE no longer has with diagnostic capability. The data of the central locking codes can no longer be read out.

Procedure:

Are the bar code tags for the keys available?

If the bar code tags are NOT available, encode the new ZKE. The memory locations of the central locking codes remain empty for the remote keys.

The central locking codes can only be requested through the hotline of the subsidiary or the importer.

Then log in each key again individually, as described in “Logging on a further remote key in the ZKE”.

If the bar code tags are available, encode the new ZKE. Then log in each key again individually, as described in “Logging on a further remote key in the ZKE”.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 07-11-19 at 23:19.

BMWHaus Guru
    If you lose the bar code, don’t worry. I have found a way to generate a new one by using the info on the sticker on the inside of the key using this website:

http://www.reeves.tv/mini.html

This worked a treat for another key remote I had. In fact you could programme any key remote from any car this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru
    I ended up also re-shelling the damaged key too with a €13 EBay jobbie, it turned out really well:

Final result:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S