Quote Originally Posted by John_D View Post
Update. I did a lot of city driving today and car was at its worst. In D at idle pulsating vibrations causing the whole car to slightly shuffle side to side, like as if the engine was hunting but the idle was steady. Vibration could be felt gently accelerating from a standstill until around 30kph or so.

After an hour or so cooling down outside I went back out to the shops with inpa connected. Checked all values and everything looked ok. Gear oil temp approx 70-75C. When stopped at the lights the pulsating vibration was gone it just felt again like a rough idle... however this completely went away if I moved the gear selector across to sport and manually selected 1st.
So it seems it’s happening when stopped in 2nd gear only. And it seem that it’s highly dependent or gear oil temperature or viscosity since it gets worse as it gets hotter.(car is perfect when cold)

Am I right in saying it sounds like a knackered torque converter or lockup clutch?

I will check fluid level in the coming days, may also try a friction modifier additive.
Have you driven another one John? Happy to compare mine if you want?