Thread: Steering wheel trim refurb

Steering wheel trim refurb

My M3 steering wheel went for re-trim and I need to refurbish peeling plastic trim. Any recommendations who can do a good job in Dublin/Meath? I can try DYI route with sanding, primer and matt spray but would prefer professional finish I'm also toying with the idea of subtle "carbon" aqua print - but part of me thinks it's a bit too "aftermarket"

Steering_trim.jpg

BMWHaus Guru
    Price a new one too, it’s about €75 I think, if you are getting a retrim you’ll thank yourself for going the full distance by getting new trim too! There should be a 7 digit number on the inside of the trim piece that’s part of the full 11 digit part number.

Thanks. The new ones are around €120. I just don't like throwing things out which can easily get 2nd life. If I'm not happy with the results - I can always replace it...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I’ve left it with John @aquaprint. Just need to decide if finish it in matte black or put hydrographics on. I’ve went through the samples and some of this fake carbon looked much better than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by wcooba View Post
    I’ve left it with John @aquaprint. Just need to decide if finish it in matte black or put hydrographics on. I’ve went through the samples and some of this fake carbon looked much better than I expected.

I got John to paint some trim I had in the Boxster. It was faded and peeling a bit... He painted them in a gloss black for me, approx 12 pieces all in. Some very small and finicky... He did a great job on them... really nice... Nice guy to deal with...

Current: F36, , 986 Boxster, E93 M3 Cab
    Gone: E36 M3 Cab, 635csi, e36 320 cab, e46 coupe, f10 tractor