Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diagnosis / Coding Device

BMWHaus Contributor
    Besides Carly option which is OK for basic coding etc. If you get a OBD2 cable there is a free version of BMW logger which enables you to get all the codes and do some minimal clearing.

Otherwise I would suggest to buy an virtual box image of windows with all diagnostic tools for like 6 euro. No messy install or getting some rubbish laptop of ebay. Just install Virtual box on whatever laptop you have and mount an image. Took me 5 min to set everything up and have all bmw diagnostic tools running.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Me too until a recent update and it had become an annual subscription. The version you have is great. The latest one, less so
    When did you buy yours John? If it's before March 2018, you shouldn't have to pay the annual fee... https://www.mycarly.com/migration/

BMWHaus Guru

Diagnosis / Coding Device

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    When did you buy yours John? If it's before March 2018, you shouldn't have to pay the annual fee... https://www.mycarly.com/migration/
    Thanks, that’s what I thought. I must get onto them. With all the house stuff I haven’t thought about it too much. I’ll contact them this weekend.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Thanks, that’s what I thought. I must get onto them. With all the house stuff I haven’t thought about it too much. I’ll contact them this weekend.
    Now that I think of it...i do remember downloading the latest update with the Digital Garage and they charged me for it. I contacted Apple and Carly and got my refund and back on to the original plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk