Thread: Insurance Gap Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Insurance Gap Question

Ok - Here goes. I have a fully comp car policy in my own name the last few years, most recently on my A6 Avant, I have sold the car in recent weeks as I have ordered a new Ford Ranger Wildtrack through a lease company - it will not land until Feb at the earliest. I sold the A6 now to get the most value from it now as it would be technically a year older come Feb and be worth thousands less knowing the current market!

The lease company have given me a run around FOC until the Ranger lands, it's a sh1tty Opel Zafira, but hey, it's free. My problem comes to insurance, I currently have a temporary sub onto the Zafira, which is up to a maximum of 28 days cover, which would cover me up to the week after next. My current insurer has said they will not cover me after that as my policy does not cover lease/rental vehicles - aha, I said, I have not leased nor rented the Zafira, it was provided FOC, but they say no, after 28 days the temp sub goes and you need to insure the Zafira in your own name, but you dont own it, so we cant insure it blah blah blah.

So my question is, anyone have experience of this, basically a loaner car bridging the gap between car sold and new one arriving? I know I need a commercial policy when the ranger arrives, but thats pretty much 2 months away.

Also, I do have driving other cars on my policy which technically would cover me, but only third party, and would prefer to be fully comp with the madness out on the roads lately!

Any other questions on this - shoot!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dossie01; 12-12-19 at 13:32.