Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: E92/e90 m3

BMWHaus Guru
    Nice cars for sure, if I was splashing out for a late silly tax car I would probably go straight to this though:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/...01909011731354

It looks so good it almost looks fake!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike murphy View Post
    Having bought a uk registered 08 manual white m3 in 2018 and getting stung for €9720 vrt at the time.I would definitely suggest buying one here.My car was registered before June 08 so it has the €1800 tax.If it’s after July I think it goes up to €2300.I would definitely be buying on condition only.Ive done the rod bearings as a precaution and replaced the throttle actuators with bmw ones but I’ve also pretty much rebuilt the whole underside of the car because I wanted it 100% and I can tell you the price of the parts for these is absolutely eye opening.And if you want to mod it with quality parts your about to get a bigger eye opener.The e46 m3 i had before this is a cheap car to run compared to these.Go in with your eyes open and your wallet.Still a great car to drive and the sound it makes is epic.
    It’s stuff like that that makes it almost not worth it to buy one. 10k vrt on an 11 year old car with ~ 75k miles...??!

I realise maintenance will be pricey, I’ve no intention of modding the car I pick up though (bar maybe exhaust and LCI lights). Thanks for sharing the experience though! You want to sell up? :P

Also thanks for the heads up on UK cars already here. Definitely want to avoid any headaches.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw View Post
    if he has letter with date he bought it ,and if this date is not date as tax expired ,how they can prove this? so if somebody will buy car from - shed , few years out of tax ? how they can give it few years penalty ?
    He did have a receipt for sale. Some hoe revenue already knew the car was in the country. So yes I’d be very wary about buying a car from someone that has had in the country a while

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    He did have a receipt for sale. Some hoe revenue already knew the car was in the country. So yes I’d be very wary about buying a car from someone that has had in the country a while
    Oh they sure know these things in a lot of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36 View Post
    Nice cars for sure, if I was splashing out for a late silly tax car I would probably go straight to this though:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/...01909011731354

It looks so good it almost looks fake!
    "red Brembo brake caliper covers" - really!? On M3!?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36 View Post
    So yea... this thread can be locked now

BMWHaus Guru
    Pics or it didn’t happen!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw View Post
    if he has letter with date he bought it ,and if this date is not date as tax expired ,how they can prove this? so if somebody will buy car from - shed , few years out of tax ? how they can give it few years penalty ?
    Revenue don't need to prove anything - its up to you to prove when you brought the car in. If its a UK car then you must produce a ferry ticket - a NI car is much easier to get away with. You'll pay a daily penalty for every day past the 30 days grace period.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Pics or it didn’t happen!
    Thought you’d never ask 😛

Pics courtesy of Marcinek55 on backroads.

Administrator
    Nice Peter. Very best of luck with it. Peach!