About faults , there was lot different faults , DPF faults , too big back pressure before DPF , EGR faults , these are on recall in Bmw , exhaust gas pressure before turbo ,and so on .
So the first ,inlet system was fully stripped out and cleaned . Once engine was out , we checked bearings as well , these engines has one more very weak spot , cranks and bearings . Very common problem , too long service intervals and oil quality does not help here .
Next step , old and perished vacuum hoses was replaced , and once engine was fitted back , long test drive was done . To regenerate DPF filter and clean all the dirt. The drive was quite long , as engine fault was coming on every 10-20 km , I took spin after work hours to get away of traffic ,and this this helped me a lot . DPF back pressure and as soot masses literally was dropped to 0 . The faults start to disappear , and came back only once after longer journey . So gave it back to customer for good test drive . After few weeks got it back , checked the faults and investigation ended on boost control solenoid for exhaust flap actuator , all problems now sorted , happy days ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk