Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Irish Car Competitions

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    We were considering dropping the ticket price to €10 per ticket. It would put us at a loss but would at least get the first car away.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
    A 10er a ticket and still stick to the 650 with 100 free/44 remaining??? That would probably have people way more excited to be fair.

If you plan a cheaper ticket but doubling the allocation then there is no real benefit.
    The appearance of over valuing the car is probably your biggest factor; and if you change to a 10er, while it's just a tenner people still want that the sense of value for money.

But if you mean sell the remaining at a tenner, doubling the current ticket holders, then you'll build a head of steam...get onto the 2nd one and keep momentum up by breaking even and then look to build from there!

BMWHaus Contributor
    For starters take the ticket count off the site, seeing so few sold will put people off as they will think the draw wont happen. You will need get the cars gone and the photos of winners out there. Advertise, advertise, advertise. Get it on backroads, put ads in buy and sell, donedeal, adverts.ie. Get it out on boards.ie. Get the Irish YouTubers to advertise it, by throwing them a few free tickets to give away. Once you get a customer base it will run itself, but getting the word out is what needed. A referral scheme like refer a friend and get a free ticket would be good and spread the word.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

Administrator
    Nah, its right so maybe the free tickets is causing some confusion too!

44 free remaining means 56 sold, or 112 gone already.
    650 - 112 is 538 and what the site says.

BMWHaus Guru
    For once Moe makes some sense. The ticket count thing might put people off. The ideas of publicising would help.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Thanks for your input everyone. It’s valuable information for us.

As a form of transparency the ticket counter is on the site. I find sites that don’t have this (and there aren’t many) untrustworthy is great to hear otherwise form yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    For once Moe makes some sense. The ticket count thing might put people off. The ideas of publicising would help.
    Moe who?

I once knew a Moe... He drove an M3 and an M4 and left colourful echoes of howling straight 6s, popping and banging in his wake.

Now there's only a cold, black and white humm..........

@ Moe: 20 euro says you'll get something shouty and proper again after this weekend

BMWHaus Contributor
    Fuck lads, harsh on poor old me, Andy even a broken watch is right twice a day. I understand about the ticket counter and transparency, maybe bury it in the website somewhere. Get the car to cars and coffee with a poster in the window, park it in conspicuous places. Porsche Club Ireland is pretty active and have a forum also. I really want this draw to happen, I fancy my chances.

Peter chances are you will want a Tesla after this weekend.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Actually my BMW watch broke twice

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Fuck lads, harsh on poor old me, Andy even a broken watch is right twice a day. I understand about the ticket counter and transparency, maybe bury it in the website somewhere. Get the car to cars and coffee with a poster in the window, park it in conspicuous places. Porsche Club Ireland is pretty active and have a forum also. I really want this draw to happen, I fancy my chances.

Peter chances are you will want a Tesla after this weekend.
    Not if I don’t drive it! Ignorance is bliss and I’m blissfully happy with my internal combustion blinkers on

Apologies for going slightly off topic OP... !