Just a reminder of the brief, criteria and examples before someone suggests that the right answer is an M of some sort .

Quote Originally Posted by dergside View Post
The commute is a 45-ish mile round-trip each day, mostly on motorway with relatively little town driving. So, there's a fairly wide range of current BMW's that could meet that need. I think the criteria need to be 1) EU6 compliant - in order to minimize the impact of government tax policy changes likely over the next few years, 2) in one of the lower VRT/road-tax categories, 3) not entirely bland to the point of falling asleep at the wheel, 4) has commute and run-around comfort essentials, 4) is something that is likely to have a reasonable residual likelihood based on not being entirely out of step with what is socially acceptable in a couple of years i.e. low-ish CO2/NOx, maybe even EV or Hybrid rather than a big EU5 diesel and 5) a budget of around €20k.

Sifting through the possibilities, all 2016, include a 320d M-Sport, a 330e M-Sport, an F10 520d M-Sport and i3 in either full EV or Rex form, probably 94aH. They all seem to come in at around the budget figure with a modest mileage.