Thread: Thinking About Wheel Refurbishment

Thinking About Wheel Refurbishment

Hi all,

I'm considering getting my 403M wheels refurbished. I had the wheels on my 335i done by Wheel Wizards years ago and they did a fantastic job. My current ones are diamond cut and I want to go for that finish again. Has anyone any experience of getting diamond cutting done by WW?

I'm inclined to avoid Rim Solutions based on a job they did on the wheels of one of my boss's 635 CSI's.

Thanks!
    Current: 2016 F82 M4
    Previous: 2013 F30 330d
    Previous: 2007 E92 335i
    Previous: 1999 E46 318i

I have mixed feelings about WW. Few years ago they refurbished split BBS rims for me. While they’ve done fantastic job visually, wheels were never the same after. There was weird steering wheel vibration around 120 kph despite few attempts to balance them. I suspect they slightly over sprayed into central bore.

BMWHaus Guru
    There's mixed reviews for everyone in Ireland.

If you want top quality workmanship and you're prepared to pay, send them to lepsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMWHaus Contributor
    Have heard good reviews of a place called diamond cut wheel refurbishment. They are in tallaght. A few car dealers I know use them and the work always looks good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I would send them to Lepsons except I need to avail of the fact that with WW you arrive, they remove your alloys and install another set and you drive off. I don't have a spare set and I cant be without the car.
    Current: 2016 F82 M4
    Previous: 2013 F30 330d
    Previous: 2007 E92 335i
    Previous: 1999 E46 318i

wheel wizards are the only company that have done flawless work for me, I've never had diamond cut wheels though but i believe they offer the service

BMWHaus Guru
    I've used Lepsons for two sets of wheels now and they're flawless.

Have used Wheel Wizards and the results have been good, but I prefer the painted finish Lepsons offer over the powdercoated finish that almost everyone does here. No idea what their diamond cutting is like - but I think Mark is very approachable if you have any issues with the work. You might be able to borrow a set of wheels of pickup a very cheap set while yours are off being done.