Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Whores: Help needed style 32 fitment!

BMWHaus Guru

Wheel Whores: Help needed style 32 fitment!

I have been given the option of purchasing some Style 32's in need of a refurb at a very good price.

I'm only starting to learn about fitments, offsets etc etc so I need some help please.

These are being bought if I can get them on my e36 coupe with out too much hassle.

I've been doing a bit of reading and this has given me two pieces of info. Spigot rings are needed and also that the arches might have to be rolled slightly.

I would not like to roll the arches if I can get away without doing it.

If anyone knows the size of spigot ring, a recommendation for a tyre size and also spacers if needed it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to hear from people who have had them on their coupe.

The car is a pre facelift 318IS lowered on JOM Bluelines. I had a look at them last night the details from the alloys are below.

8J x 17
    IS20

Many thanks!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Wheel Whores: Help needed style 32 fitment!

Have a set of 5 of these be refurbing when its coming back out to play

are you sure they are 8j all round??? Should be 8 and 9 up front

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Have a set of 5 of these be refurbing when its coming back out to play

are you sure they are 8j all round??? Should be 8 and 9 up front
    You could be right. You'll know they are Austin's old ones.

Are they staggered or 8J ET20 all round? Presume 17''?

You'd need spiggot rings to go from 74.1mm to 72.6mm
    I'v 8J ET20 on the rear of my coupe with a 215/45/17 and it just gets away without rubbing. (Arches are standard!)

So a 205/45 should be fine on them without a roll, Possibly get away with a 215/45 depending how low you are.

I'm running staggered 8 and 9" Style 32s; ET20 and ET26 front and back respectively.
    I have 225/45/17 on the back and a 215/45/17 on the front.
    The back rubs slightly on the rear bumper just where it meets the arch but that's easily sorted with a dremel.
    The front rubbed a lot with 225s on the plastic liner inner arch.

Running 8" on the rear with standard arches shouldn't be a problem, but being an E39 wheel the offset is reasonably low and you might have some problems on the front running with 225s.
    EDIT: Should - Shouldn't
    Previously known as Codarsnacht.

Build thread should be up soon, recovering lost photos.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris
    I'm running staggered 8 and 9" Style 32s; ET20 and ET26 front and back respectively.
    I have 225/45/17 on the back and a 215/45/17 on the front.
    The back rubs slightly on the rear bumper just where it meets the arch but that's easily sorted with a dremel.
    The front rubbed a lot with 225s on the plastic liner inner arch.

Running 8" on the rear with standard arches should be a problem, but being an E39 wheel the offset is reasonably low and you might have some problems on the front running with 225s.

So what would i need tyre wise all around assuming I get them on with spigot rings?

Stick on 215s, that's what I ran on 8's before

Spigot rings are fairly cheap. I got mine shipped from the states as I was browsing ebay, but I think Kingdom alloys sell them for about 16 quid.

As FunkySee said, 215/45 or 40/17. The rear isnt going to be an issue at all, even on standard arches I have plenty of room with 225s and could possibly go wider, it's the low offset on the front that will screw you.
    215s on an 8 will tuck the shoulder of the tyre in a slight bit and some camber in the front will sort out the rest
    Previously known as Codarsnacht.

Build thread should be up soon, recovering lost photos.

BMWHaus Guru

Dave man, you never listen to me

I suppose I didn't listen either when Austin was trying to tell me the details.

You will need 215 45 17 for the back, and 205 45 17 for the front, along with the spigot rings mentioned above. There will be no problems

http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/32

The ones you have (if they are the e39 ones) will be 8inch fronts 9 inch rears et 20 / 26 respectively.

Have the same wheels on my coupe at the moment

Offset is perfect!

225 will not fit in the back (without rubbing) unless you roll the arches, and even then I'm not sure..

Good luck, they're my fav wheel appart from the style 5s / BBS RS.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris
    Spigot rings are fairly cheap. I got mine shipped from the states as I was browsing ebay, but I think Kingdom alloys sell them for about 16 quid.

As FunkySee said, 215/45 or 40/17. The rear isnt going to be an issue at all, even on standard arches I have plenty of room with 225s and could possibly go wider, it's the low offset on the front that will screw you.
    215s on an 8 will tuck the shoulder of the tyre in a slight bit and some camber in the front will sort out the rest
    Would that be positive or neg camber in the front? I have evo mounts reversed in her at the min.