Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel Whores: Help needed style 32 fitment!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Wheel Whores: Help needed style 32 fitment!

Quote Originally Posted by E36
    Dave man, you never listen to me

I suppose I didn't listen either when Austin was trying to tell me the details.

You will need 215 45 17 for the back, and 205 45 17 for the front, along with the spigot rings mentioned above. There will be no problems

http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/32

The ones you have (if they are the e39 ones) will be 8inch fronts 9 inch rears et 20 / 26 respectively.

Have the same wheels on my coupe at the moment

Offset is perfect!

225 will not fit in the back (without rubbing) unless you roll the arches, and even then I'm not sure..

Good luck, they're my fav wheel appart from the style 5s / BBS RS.
    I'm getting on and I forget haha

Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris
    I'm running staggered 8 and 9" Style 32s; ET20 and ET26 front and back respectively.
    I have 225/45/17 on the back and a 215/45/17 on the front.
    The back rubs slightly on the rear bumper just where it meets the arch but that's easily sorted with a dremel.
    The front rubbed a lot with 225s on the plastic liner inner arch.

Running 8" on the rear with standard arches shouldn't be a problem, but being an E39 wheel the offset is reasonably low and you might have some problems on the front running with 225s.
    EDIT: Should - Shouldn't
    I've seen a black e36 with style 32's a few times, is that yours?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Afraid not, mine is hellrot red..apart from the oxidezed bonnet :@
    I only fitted them in the last month or so, I had black alpina wheels on it before that.

Venom, I think an awful lot of this depends on what ride height you want to sit at, if you have adjustable camber and what sort of roads you will be driving on. 225's only touch on the bumper on mine (getting sorted shortly) but I raised the rear until I have my arch roller; lip to arch gap being roughly 70mm all around. The roads that I drive on are fairly bumpy B-roads, so a slight raise was my only option until I have the arches rolled.
    Previously known as Codarsnacht.

Build thread should be up soon, recovering lost photos.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Afraid not, mine is hellrot red..apart from the oxidezed bonnet :@
    I only fitted them in the last month or so, I had black alpina wheels on it before that.

Venom, I think an awful lot of this depends on what ride height you want to sit at, if you have adjustable camber and what sort of roads you will be driving on. 225's only touch on the bumper on mine (getting sorted shortly) but I raised the rear until I have my arch roller; lip to arch gap being roughly 70mm all around. The roads that I drive on are fairly bumpy B-roads, so a slight raise was my only option until I have the arches rolled.

What do they look like when the car is raised? I'm not a dedicated low man like some, so as long as they look well on thats the main thing and that's why we have height adjustable coilovers in

To be honest I have not bought them yet, I have said I will, so my name is on them. I want to get them if they will fit and have them as something that will look good but with the roads I am on it would just be the odd time etc. I have a genuine staggered set of motorsports to refurb that will be the every day wheel

I'll try to dig out some photos for you when I get home. I think the photos I have are with 225s all round but it should give a decent idea
    Previously known as Codarsnacht.

Build thread should be up soon, recovering lost photos.