Thread: full respray recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

full respray recommendations

from experience or knowledge who would be the the number one or very best and trust worthy to respray an E46 M3, was washing the car yesterday an there was a few spots on it could do with a freshening up but im not going to start painting bits here and there, i think id like to consider a full on proper job with attention to detail so ideally looking recommendations in or around the north east area. iirc did some mention dennings? I have never used them or know anything about them but i know they have a good name

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    from experience or knowledge who would be the the number one or very best and trust worthy to respray an E46 M3, was washing the car yesterday an there was a few spots on it could do with a freshening up but im not going to start painting bits here and there, i think id like to consider a full on proper job with attention to detail so ideally looking recommendations in or around the north east area. iirc did some mention dennings? I have never used them or know anything about them but i know they have a good name
    The best I've seen are Fahys in Oranmore or Pratt's in Carlow but you'll be talking about 5k for a glass out job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMWHaus Guru
    I didn't find anyone quoting my my last job who even considering leaving the glass in for the respray - its the bare minimum for a professional bodyshop. Costs start going up when they're removing doors, bumpers, wings so they can spray door jambs etc. Quotes varied for my recent respray from €1500 or so to €8500.

I don't like recommending bodyshops anymore. Have never used them, but Dennings are supposedly excellent (and charge accordingly).

BMWHaus Contributor
    Frank Byrnes in Galway. He does Diamond wheel refurbs also. The man's attention to detail is OCD.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Denning’s did my E46 M3 cabrio and it was perfect. I’ve used other places for other jobs where money was an issue and quality wasn’t as important and have been consistently disappointed. Go talk to John Denning and see what he will quote you. At least then you can have a guide as to top quality price and adapt accordingly.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport