View Poll Results: Do you ever see yourself in this 4 series now or at any point?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like the styling

9 24.32%
  • No - I can't get passed the looks

28 75.68%

Thread: Are we all going to ignore the elephant in the room...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    I saw the concept in the flesh and this is very close to it. Apart from the grilles the rest of the car is actually really nice. I agree with Dave, the more of these that pop up out on the wild the more we will get used to them and it will be the new benchmark.

I remember when the e34 5 Series came out I though BMW had lost the plot as they went so far away from the e28. It was almost like heresy! However, over time I actually grew to like it and actually owned one back in 1999.

Roll on a few years after that and the Z9 concept was investors by Bangle which went on to become the e63 6 Series, again I thought this was a disaster, hated the e63, bit I now have two of them and I personally think they look contemporary even today. It will take something special to fill their boots on my driveway.

I’ll wait till I see a well specced and nice colour car before I fully make my mind up.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Z9 concept was investors by Bangle which went on to become the e63 6 Series, again I thought this was a disaster, hated the e63, bit I now have two of them and I personally think they look contemporary even today. It will take something special to fill their boots on my driveway.
    Taste is all relative of course, but Bangles radical designs - mainly the E60 are E63 - were never lookers imo - and their styling cues were basically abandoned by the models that superseded them.

Of course, these models are now being designed for the Chinese and Middle East markets, so they might not abandon the radical bugs bunny look as easily.