View Poll Results: Do you ever see yourself in this 4 series now or at any point?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like the styling

9 24.32%
  • No - I can't get passed the looks

28 75.68%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we all going to ignore the elephant in the room...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Post Are we all going to ignore the elephant in the room...?

The new 4 series is out and it's HIDEOUS!!!

There were doubts about bangle stuff in the past, but there are zero doubts about this one

I know I personally couldn't get passed the looks, but in case BMW are reading or anyone with any sort of influence is, and for the interest of fair and genuine feedback...

Would you - a loyal BMW enthusiast, on a dedicated BMW forum - ever see yourself in this 4 series now or at any point?

Please vote using the poll.

Administrator
    I didnt vote! But yes, I could see myself buying one but I dont like the styling (yet).

Sometimes there needs to be a big change for the designers to be able to take a new direction...think E30 to E36 and the upset over losing the twin head nights.
    If you look at Audi's their grille is massive also and you wouldnt comment or look twice when they drive by now. The X7 are crazy big too but having seen 2 or 3 now, they somehow dont seem sooo big.
    Other than the grille I think it's a very handsome car....just needs some braces fitted to that big grin. The LCI might be interesting!

BMWHaus Guru
    I actually think its worse looking than the X7, which is really saying something. I could live with a major deviation from their current design if it was good looking, but its not. This is a change for the sake of change - even the BMW designers admit that 50% of people will hate it.

Its fair to say I won't be buying one, or a current 3er for that matter.

I actually think it’s pretty handsome car from the rear or side angles. As for the grille - it is weird and could be unsettling. But probably it’s homage to the old legacy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    I saw the concept in the flesh and this is very close to it. Apart from the grilles the rest of the car is actually really nice. I agree with Dave, the more of these that pop up out on the wild the more we will get used to them and it will be the new benchmark.

I remember when the e34 5 Series came out I though BMW had lost the plot as they went so far away from the e28. It was almost like heresy! However, over time I actually grew to like it and actually owned one back in 1999.

Roll on a few years after that and the Z9 concept was investors by Bangle which went on to become the e63 6 Series, again I thought this was a disaster, hated the e63, bit I now have two of them and I personally think they look contemporary even today. It will take something special to fill their boots on my driveway.

I’ll wait till I see a well specced and nice colour car before I fully make my mind up.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Z9 concept was investors by Bangle which went on to become the e63 6 Series, again I thought this was a disaster, hated the e63, bit I now have two of them and I personally think they look contemporary even today. It will take something special to fill their boots on my driveway.
    Taste is all relative of course, but Bangles radical designs - mainly the E60 are E63 - were never lookers imo - and their styling cues were basically abandoned by the models that superseded them.

Of course, these models are now being designed for the Chinese and Middle East markets, so they might not abandon the radical bugs bunny look as easily.

The poll is not visible in Tapatalk Peter.

Anyway this is pretty good video showing it in the motion from around 6th minute:

https://youtu.be/KamSS8XJu3M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    I think the poll options are a little restrictive. I'm defo not mad about the nose, but generally find the rest of the styling quite attractive. I daresay that familiarity will soften the feelings about the snout (I wasn't a fan of the e60 early on, but have happily smoked around in one for the past few years) and since it will be a few years before the venn diagram of the car price and my budget overlap I daresay I'll be able to get past it.

I hadn't picked up on it before, but just looked at a few photo's and can see a hint of the Z4/Supra in the rear 3/4 view.
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

BMWHaus Guru
    Looks like 44.44% of you should’ve gone to specsavers

Ah no, it would be boring if everybody had the same opinion.

BMWHaus Guru
    I really dont like it, but I do agree with the above sentiment, it will most likely grow on people as the years go by!
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead