Quote Originally Posted by dergside View Post
The practicality bit isn't too much of an issue since we have no kiddies, etc. to accommodate and Mrs D's daily (a Golf estate GT) is a decent enough alternative for lugging stuff to the recycling centre, etc. Having said that, I don't have anything against the more practical alternatives. A few folks that have been knocking around these forums for a while will know that the manual gearbox in the 630i is big part of the temptation of that car for me. I did a deal on a 2005 manual back in 2012 but the partner of the seller totalled it the day after we shook hands on a deal and I've had a faint hankering for one since. They are a rare beast, especially as AUC.

The 640i is an interesting curve-ball idea, and I do like the f12. The only petrol 640 option on the VRT Calculator is an f12 SE and VRT seems to be a bit stiff. An EU6 2015 640d would only be a little more for VRT. Either is approx 5x the VRT of the e63.
Fair enough. There’s great value to be had in E63s here at the moment but the manuals are seldom seen alright.

How about this F12 640i SE, 43k miles, no VRT to worry about? I’m sure there would be room to negotiate on price:

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23593095 BMW 6-Series New Model 640i, 2011