Thread: 318is LSD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

318is LSD

Thinking of doing this in a few weeks.been told the Evo diff is closest ratio.what exactly will be needed to do the whole job??diff,prop and drives?already have Evo rear hub assembly with brakes etc...will I need rear subframe? Has anyone done it?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 318is LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Bb1981
    Thinking of doing this in a few weeks.been told the Evo diff is closest ratio.what exactly will be needed to do the whole job??diff,prop and drives?already have Evo rear hub assembly with brakes etc...will I need rear subframe? Has anyone done it?
    Med5 has an axle for sale

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bb1981
    Med5 has an axle for sale
    I have everything sourced already.just want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out

BMWHaus Contributor

evo ratio ? thats 3.23 i think, its gonna be very long and kill the little is, unless its a shorter ratio than that ? you'll need anything higher than 3.45, i have a 3.65 and you can get a 3.91 to. Its alot easier to source a small case lsd and just swap over instead a changine props and drives etc

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

yes its 3.23 ratio ,not best for 318is . dont know how he will connect diff with prop shaft

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    yes its 3.23 ratio ,not best for 318is . dont know how he will connect diff with prop shaft
    I was planning on using Evo prop too.will that work with a e36 is box?wasnt sure of this myself.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

it will not work two ways,its too short as 6sp box is longer and gearbox coupling mounting is very big on EVO and small on 318is .maybe u can found and do some mix of shafts but could be difficult .custom made shaft could sort this

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    it will not work two ways,its too short as 6sp box is longer and gearbox coupling mounting is very big on EVO and small on 318is .maybe u can found and do some mix of shafts but could be difficult .custom made shaft could sort this
    Do u know of any small case LSD diffs about??

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

No I don't