Saving myself from retyping most of this - initial thread was on backroads -

the Programme for Government, on P34 - available here: https://www.greenparty.ie/programme-for-government/ contains a commitment to introduce a Climate Action (Amendment) Bill 2020 within the next three months. This will, among other things "Ban the sale of new and the importation of second hand petrol and diesel cars from 2030".

I don't know how anyone else here feels about that, but personally I don't really mind, except I really, really hope that they will make an exception for classic cars. In my mind that's anything over 30 years old.

If you agree with me, or if you want to make a view known about this, I would encourage you to write to any of:
Your local TD (ideally the person elected to whom you gave the highest preference) - google them to get contact details or use firstname.lastname@oireachtas.ie
Eamon Ryan as Minister for Transport, in his Departmental office
Any motoring organisations that might make a submission on this issue.

I would strongly suggest putting your opinion in your own words and not being abusive. They are going to introduce this Bill and it is going to do what it says in the PfG, so I'd say a flat out rant against it will be of limited effectiveness - better to give some suggestions. Ask them to support an exemption (if that's what you're asking), and ask them to raise the issue with Minister Ryan. Give your full name and address in correspondence.

I asked for an exemption for cars more than 30 years old and made the point that hobby and enthusiast use has a very limited environmental impact while being an important social outlet. You may have other views - the important thing is that they're not a copy/paste
I know people tend to just accept their lot, but if each of the regular users on here contacted their local TD if would be a very useful start.