Thread: E90 m3 vrt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E90 m3 vrt

As above anybody vrt one of these lately?
    Or would I be looking at the same figure as the e92?

On a side note anybody know of one tucked away on Irish plates?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Last one I know of that went for vrt was over 9k. An 08 e92 m3 would be 8-9k to vrt also. Don't no of any e90 m3 on irish reg. Nice uk reg one in louth for sale atm

BMWHaus Guru
    Pretty crazy when you consider VRT on a 2014 M4 is around €10k now.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Crazy but not surprised wait till some Dealer exports an m4 and claims back the vrt and argues the value, they will go back up to 15k

It makes zero sense really considering a f80 is twice the price as a e92

I wouldn’t be to fond of buying a English reg car already in the country, there’s no way of knowing if it’s known to revenue or not

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by alan b View Post
    Last one I know of that went for vrt was over 9k. An 08 e92 m3 would be 8-9k to vrt also. Don't no of any e90 m3 on irish reg. Nice uk reg one in louth for sale atm
    Mikes VRT bill from 2.5 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie-o-connell View Post
    It makes zero sense really considering a f80 is twice the price as a e92

I wouldn’t be to fond of buying a English reg car already in the country, there’s no way of knowing if it’s known to revenue or not

I don't know of anyone that has brought in an 08 in recent times due to the gamble but E90/2s have fallen massively in price over the last 2.5 years, I was looking for one for more than a year before I found mine and they dropped on average between £3-5k in an 18th month period.

I do know of a 2013 E92 LE500 (not mine) that was brought in roughly 18 months ago and I think the VRT was 13k.

I honestly doubt that you'll be hit for anything approaching 10k VRT for one, especially an E90.

Looking at it worst case, even if you were, it's not gonna stand up to appeal.

The acceptable vrt figure that I have in my head would be around 7k anything less then that would be a bonus, having a look there’s seems to be a few nice e90’s for sale in the uk around the £13k mark so they have come down a nice bit in the last while

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie-o-connell View Post
    I never really get when people import cars
    and keep them on UK plates. Obviously you can’t tax them, but I would have thought it would make it complicated to insure as well?

BMWHaus Guru
    Many are being driven around on trade plates - plenty of independent garage owners have yellow plated vehicles as their ‘weekend toy’