Well what a weekend that was, a much needed motoring blow out after months of lockdown!

Friday I went to play with an M2 Competition on track, I brought my friend Barry along (the owner of that 997), part of me was worried I'd built it up too much but when he came out of the car with his hands shaking with excitement and grinning from ear to ear and I knew I hadn't

I was hoping it wouldn't be as good as I remembered from my time with it last year but sadly, it is. So yea, I still want one.

I'd also always kept an eye on the drift sessions they do in Mondello and could never find a suitable slot, but on Thursday night I found a slot for Friday after the M2 session so I just went for it... And it was so much fun! Highly recommend it. I already booked the "level 2" session on the 1st August which will be 45 mins seat time, can't wait!

Here's a little video which doesn't show me spinning. Because I never spun, obviously

Then Saturday I had booked the afternoon track session with trackdays.ie and really enjoyed it, was great to be able to finally wind the car up through the gears and see how it behaves at the limit. The M3 is my daily, my pride and joy and my only car at the moment so obviously I was sensible and didn't rag it to death or anything, I took lots of breaks to let everything cool down and the car performed flawlessly with no brake fade or anything else, I got Conor to put in some fresh racing fluid for me ahead of the track session so I'm sure that helped. I will say I don't think track days are for me though, I'm not into lap times and driving 10/10s, I much prefer the "flow" of a nice twisty mountain road. Anyway, here's a video I put together from all the clips people sent me (Thank you Derek, Simon, and J).

Waiting to pounce on the M8 after the sighting lap (....I didn't see which way it went!)