I’ve gone every year for the last 6 and going again in September, I’ve done every route at least twice including the long ferry to Cherbourg
Best route is dublin - Fishguard - hull - Rotterdam and then it’s only a 3hr drive to adenau
Time all your ferries so your getting onto the 10hr hull one late at night around 9 ish so once you get on you can eat in the buffet restaurant which is very good and then get a good nights sleep in your cabin so your ready to go and hit the road at 6 the following morning gives you an ideal amount of time to get to the ring and check in/relax before tf opens at 5pm
We have detoured to Antwerp before and it’s lovely, we’ve also gone via Calais and stayed in a town called hasselt which is one of the nicest places I’ve been
We’ve also made a massive trip out of it and covered half of France and Germany whilst doing ocktoberfest in Munich
How long are you planning on actually being at the ring for?
We usually leave mayo at 3am on a Saturday morning and get to the ring for 11am or so Sunday morning and that’s with a few stops along the way in the Uk