It is with a heavy heart that I am offering my E39 for sale but due to lack of storage, lack of use and upcoming house renovations hanging onto it becomes difficult to justify. It has seen very little use recently and probably won’t get used again for at least a couple of years so leaving it sitting in the garden seems a shame. I have had it for two and a bit years having bought it from Peter E36 on here and in that time put a lot of money, time and effort into keeping it in top shape.

All of the owners since the car was imported to Ireland in 2009 are BMW fanatics and BMW forum members or Backroad members and the car will be familiar to several regulars on here. It has been maintained to extremely high standards and comes with a huge history file, original handbooks and all original keys from supplying dealer.

In the last 18 months it has had a full coolant system overhaul, rear brake pads, a significant amount of cosmetic bodywork to freshen up the appearance, headlights have been restored and it also has brand new Hankook tyres all round. In July 2020 at 108,400 miles I carried out an oil and oil filter change along with air and pollen filters and new wiper blades. The car is currently on 109,600 miles.

Some spec as follows:
- 2003 lci model in Titan silver,
- M54b30 straight 6, 230bhp. This is arguably one of BMW’s greatest engines, it is effortlessly smooth and has a really sweet soundtrack.
- Genuine M sport Auto,
- Black leather,
- Sat nav with recent maps,
- Auto lights and wipers,
- Auto dipping rear view mirror,
- Factory Bluetooth,
- Genuine m-parallel, style 37 alloys,
- Full-size style 66 spare wheel,
- Original and working BMW glovebox torch,
- Full original 1st aid kit,
- Original fire extinguisher,
- Complete tool kit,
- 6 disc cd changer (remember them),
- Ice cold air con,
- Headlight washer jets,
- Working Nokia 6230 handset,
-Currently on Covid extension NCT to end of June

-Exterior Condition:
No scuffs or scrapes at all, you will not find one. It has a 5cent size ding down low on the rear driver side door which is very minor and only noticeable from certain angles. It currently sits on genuine BBS style 742/743 alloys which are potentially sold to Maurice Malone of this parish but if he passes I can discuss including them in the sale at extra cost if interested. These are originally from an e38 and I sourced them from Bulgaria about 18 months ago. The m-parallels are in excellent shape with only minor kerb rash on one wheel. All door and window seals are perfect. The only negative is a tiny blister which has begun to form on the driver side sill.

- Interior Condition:
95% as new. Some very minor wear on the driver seat but apart from that it’s perfect. Original mats and retaining clips. All switchgear in perfect condition with that reassuring e39 solidity.

- Problems:
It is 18 years old and has a couple of niggles. The ABS pump has begun to act up intermittently. This is a known e39 problem which all of them suffer with between 100 to 120k. It also has a vacuum leak which can present itself when cold but disappears once engine is up to temp, this doesn’t effect performance but a whistle can be heard.

Anyone who has owned or driven an e39 knows why these cars are so highly regarded by BMW enthusiasts. They were so far ahead of the game when launched in 1996 that even when they were replaced by the e60 in 2003 the e39 was still the best mid size executive saloon on the market.

Price.... it’s worth more to me than the market will ever allow but I want to be realistic so will put a firm price of €4,750.

Sorry for the text heavy advert, just trying to demonstrate the love I have for this car.

Happy to discuss further with anyone