Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever fitted 18 inch rims to an E36??

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Has anyone ever fitted 18 inch rims to an E36??

They are tasty, these are the same as GerH's but in 2 piece?? His are 17"

Did you manage to get them with a lower ET John or another set of wheels you picked up?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    They are tasty, these are the same as GerH's but in 2 piece?? His are 17"

Did you manage to get them with a lower ET John or another set of wheels you picked up?
    Went for a different set of wheels.

Well I thought so.

Seller is arsing about!

Might have to implement 'Plan C' but that would mean hunting down the back of the sofa....

I had 18s on my touring (thread gone up in previous cars section), afaik they were 18 x 8.5, running 235s on the back, 225s on the front. Andres might recall the offset. The car was dropped pretty low they never rubbed on the front and gave full lock. The back however rubbed on the inside of the arch but tbh only when the car was fairly well loaded or hitting a fairly hefty bump. IMO they filled the arches perfectly but the right 17s do a fine job too.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    I had 18s on my touring (thread gone up in previous cars section), afaik they were 18 x 8.5, running 235s on the back, 225s on the front. Andres might recall the offset. The car was dropped pretty low they never rubbed on the front and gave full lock. The back however rubbed on the inside of the arch but tbh only when the car was fairly well loaded or hitting a fairly hefty bump. IMO they filled the arches perfectly but the right 17s do a fine job too.
    Cant remember the off set i'm afraid. But when i had them on my e36 coupe on standard shocks and springs they were perfectly fine ( wasn't rubbing the arches ) But my car is pretty much empty in the back all the time.

I think 18's are bit too big for a e36 anyway.