Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E60 m5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Question E60 m5

Considering one of these but only if I find a properly clean example with all the weak points addressed - or as many of them as possible - (Bearings, actuators, SMG Pump, Clutch, Vanos)... It'll still break, but at least the main stuff should be sorted.

Not fussed about colour or spec, but must have reasonably low miles and ideally be an LCI.

Anything out there?

Eisenmann / aftermarket exhaust is a bonus

I've seen what's currently on donedeal.

Are you swapping M3 Peter or thinking about 18 cylinder stable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by wcooba View Post
    Are you swapping M3 Peter or thinking about 18 cylinder stable?

I wouldn’t mind an 18 cylinder stable but no, the M5 would replace it (if I can find one as clean as the M3!)

The M3 is really special, but with baby no. 2 on the way it’ll make more sense. I kept an eye on donedeal e60 run arounds and X5s and all I’ve found is overpriced mega mile rubbish for sale and I’ve never been a fan of the 2 car thing anyway so the M5 will be the all in one solution.

I’m considering multiple options/solutions though. I may go for a leftfield choice if one presented itself

E60 m5

Congrats on the 2nd little one on the way!
    E92 while pretty practical for a sports car, family car is not. Btw. looks like UK F10s are getting in under £20k bracket now.

Edit: looks like F10s are in unpalatable highest co2 tax rate :/

Last edited by wcooba; 27-08-20 at 07:52.

BMWHaus Guru
    What about an E90 M3?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    What about an E90 M3?
    Not enough room for 2 little ones. It was a bit cramped when we had a lowly 320d

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Not enough room for 2 little ones. It was a bit cramped when we had a lowly 320d
    Must be big kids! I've got an E90 as a runaround and it has loads of space for the two kids - and my lad is a tall for his age 9 year old. Boot won't fit a bugaboo though

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    Must be big kids! I've got an E90 as a runaround and it has loads of space for the two kids - and my lad is a tall for his age 9 year old. Boot won't fit a bugaboo though
    Yes but your kids would be in booster seats or no child seats at all, right? Mine are 2 and 3 years old, so still in those bulky child seats.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Yes but your kids would be in booster seats or no child seats at all, right? Mine are 2 and 3 years old, so still in those bulky child seats.
    Have boosters in the E90 because its not used that much, but full on maxi cosi jobs in the F31 - which has more or less identical leg room. I'd happily have an E90 M3 as the family wagon if I was in the humour to pay extortionate motor tax again

Administrator
    Nah, I suggested that to him and was shot down!