Doing a real world scenario trial run over a period of a week is a good idea to gain some perspective.

If you have never done such a commute it will get old pretty quick in my view, especially the days you need to be in office even earlier or get stuck there a bit later.

For example, I live on the Northside of Dublin and periodically had to travel to Athlone, it was 1hr 40mins door to door and I found if I needed to be there 3 days straight it made more sense for me to stay over one night, else I was just wrecked from the commute. Additionally my old boss in his prior company used to do 2 weeks in the US and 2 weeks home whilst on a long project, so a bit of a road warrior you could say. Pre-Covid he used to come from Birr to Dublin and if he needed to be there 5 days a week he ended up staying over 1 if not 2 nights. Now that we are remote working since lockdown, he never wants to go back to that commute.

Plus depending on your stage of life with kids, etc Do you want to be gone in the morning or home in the evening when everyone is in bed or looking to go to bed. Not be able to bring the kids to their activities, or do you own stuff.

Lots to think about in my view.