Thread: iPhone Unlock/ Switching to 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

iPhone Unlock/ Switching to 3

I have an iPhone and I'm 99% sure it is locked to meteor. I bought it off a bloke on DoneDeal last year. I went to meteor and requested an unlock code but they wouldn't give it to me because I'm not the "registered" owner of the phone. Is there anything I can do without jail breaking the phone?
    I'm thinking of switching to 3 as my mobile data is always through the roof and meteor cannot offer me unlimited data like 3. What's 3 like? As said, I'm currently meteor, there couldn't be that much difference with coverage could there? 3 runs off O2 network? Just wouldn't mind changing and if needed I could just go back to meteor... I'm sure people have bad experiences with every network but try be unbiased!

Cheers

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: iPhone Unlock/ Switching to 3

Quote Originally Posted by GerH
    I have an iPhone and I'm 99% sure it is locked to meteor. I bought it off a bloke on DoneDeal last year. I went to meteor and requested an unlock code but they wouldn't give it to me because I'm not the "registered" owner of the phone. Is there anything I can do without jail breaking the phone?
    I'm thinking of switching to 3 as my mobile data is always through the roof and meteor cannot offer me unlimited data like 3. What's 3 like? As said, I'm currently meteor, there couldn't be that much difference with coverage could there? 3 runs off O2 network? Just wouldn't mind changing and if needed I could just go back to meteor... I'm sure people have bad experiences with every network but try be unbiased!

Cheers
    No Ger, theres nothing you can do im afraid. You need to get back in touch with the original owner if you can and get him to request the unlock from Apple.

The only other way, is if you have an internal contact in a high enough position that he can push this through for you.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    Quote Originally Posted by GerH

Cheers
    No Ger, theres nothing you can do im afraid. You need to get back in touch with the original owner if you can and get him to request the unlock from Apple.

The only other way, is if you have an internal contact in a high enough position that he can push this through for you.
    Pity! Contacting the seller is out as I don't have a clue who he is or what his number is!
    I've text afew meteor heads to see if they know anyone! Fingers crossed! Cheers!

If you can't get the code There's plenty of places around that will unlock it for you! Most city's have some sort of phone repair shop, it will cost 30 or 40 euro but they'll do it. Google it!

BMWHaus Guru

Try contacting these guys: www.gsmsolutions.ie
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

Cheers for the help gents. Eventually got through to a supervisor and after a nice little story they followed through with my request. So getting unlocked in the next few days