Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: M140i F20 compatible wheels

WANTED: M140i F20 compatible wheels

Would anyone have a set lying around they would part with? I'm looking for something i could throw a set of winter tyres on. I think the smallest that can clear the Brembo's is 17 inch. A lot of lads use X1 e84 wheels

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan335 View Post
    Would anyone have a set lying around they would part with? I'm looking for something i could throw a set of winter tyres on. I think the smallest that can clear the Brembo's is 17 inch. A lot of lads use X1 e84 wheels
    FYI on my M135i I just used 225 winters all rounds, small bit of stretch on the rear but was minimal. Doesn't help with protecting your alloys, but might help with traction!
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    FYI on my M135i I just used 225 winters all rounds, small bit of stretch on the rear but was minimal. Doesn't help with protecting your alloys, but might help with traction!
    Yep i've seen the square setup is a popular option with the UK lads for winters, no one really makes a 245/35/18 winter tyre either. What style wheels are you using for winters?

Administrator
    I got my set of winters tyres as part of the purchase of the car from Ketron...he used put the winters on the original wheels. I picked up a set of E46 MV1's and lashed them on!

Actually just swapped this this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Curran View Post
    I got my set of winters tyres as part of the purchase of the car from Ketron...he used put the winters on the original wheels. I picked up a set of E46 MV1's and lashed them on!

Actually just swapped this this morning!

Are they 17 or 18's? Thats a durty looking X1

Administrator
    They are 18s...not sure 17s would fit!??

Ah stop...cant get away from road works! There's some directly outside of the estate and work, and another two stretches on the way to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Curran View Post
    They are 18s...not sure 17s would fit!??

Ah stop...cant get away from road works! There's some directly outside of the estate and work, and another two stretches on the way to work!

im the same, surrounded by new construction sites just before work so no way to get around the mud slide road approaching work, i even fitted front mudflaps to try help and they are helping a bit

The 17" x1 steel wheels will fit, they look a but fugly though

BMWHaus Guru
    I have steelies for my winter tyres too but they came with semi-decent looking hubcaps. I'll lash them on the 5 series in the next week or so. They're a good bit heavier than my 18 inch alloys. What tyres did you go for?

BMWHaus Guru
    I think the steelies (with BMW centre caps) look great TBH - especially the ones on the silver 1 which nearly look like they're banded.
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    I have steelies for my winter tyres too but they came with semi-decent looking hubcaps. I'll lash them on the 5 series in the next week or so. They're a good bit heavier than my 18 inch alloys. What tyres did you go for?
    Im still debating investing in a winter setup, but if i do i would probably go for the Bridgestone Blizzaks LM005