Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Plans for your BMW in 2021?

E92 - Retrofit CIC to replace dead CCC.
    Replace dead MULF with combox.
    Maybe replace front bumper. (Thanks Mrs. lintdrummer for reversing straight into it )

For my m140i i plan mainly handling upgrades:

New disks and M4 pads
    Alacantara steering wheel(Royal steering)
    M4 LCA's
    Bilstein B6 Damptronic shocks or B12 kit
    Protrack one wheels with some Michelin Cup 2 tyres
    Sports cat/decat and stage 2 MHD tune

E53: Set of Michelins all round; fit aux-in

E46 Touring: Brake fluid change; maybe some touch-ups to paintwork

E36 Convertible: Inspection; Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs; New rear lights

Resist temptation to acquire R53 Cooper S

BMWHaus Contributor
    That's a fine list of cars and plans by everyone!

My plans are:

E46 320d Saloon:
    It's been my daily for the last 8 years and still going strong at 282k miles. No plans just keep up the servicing and whatever maintenance it needs. And NCT it soon. I'd like to keep it for as long as I can and get a lot more mileage out of it.

E46 M3 Coupe:
    A lot of small things really. Fix passenger seat lumbar support, get a new set of fog lights, fit new aircon compressor and regas, check door HK tweeters as they're buzzing sometimes, check rear suspension mounts as there's some creaking from the chassis at very slow speeds on uneven ground. Get a proper detail done as it badly needs it, and I'm terrible at it. And then just drive it and enjoy it a lot more.

Also, not a BMW, but I bought an Rx8 last May. Plan is to turn it into a road/trackday car and learn how to drive properly on track. Due to Covid it's still getting work done in Dublin so not sure when I'll even have it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    I'm back to one car again and the bike.

Plans for the E92 are as follows:
    - Tax it for a full year (only way you could justify the 2400 bill now)
    - Fit the test pipes, x pipe and get a tune
    - Install individual audio
    - New wheels and tires, (I know I've been saying this for ages)
    - New aux belts, pulleys and tensioner
    - Maybe an eventuri plenum.

BMWHaus Contributor
    So much I’d like to do but budget will dictate a lot of it

E38 740i - hopefully finally get a respectable figure from revenue for the VRT and get it registered.

E46 M3 - eventually get it back from Denning’s, we’ve been waiting literally months for BMW to supply a new boot lid breaklight and it’s taking up one of their valuable indoor bays as a result. If possible I’d love to bring it to the ring but that could be expensive.

E36 Z3 - Agonising over whether to sell it or keep it, it’s too nice to let it sit unused but I don’t see myself driving it this year. If the right offer came along I might let it go.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    So much I’d like to do but budget will dictate a lot of it

E38 740i - hopefully finally get a respectable figure from revenue for the VRT and get it registered.

E46 M3 - eventually get it back from Denning’s, we’ve been waiting literally months for BMW to supply a new boot lid breaklight and it’s taking up one of their valuable indoor bays as a result. If possible I’d love to bring it to the ring but that could be expensive.

E36 Z3 - Agonising over whether to sell it or keep it, it’s too nice to let it sit unused but I don’t see myself driving it this year. If the right offer came along I might let it go.
    That's mad, can they get on get on with the job and use the old light and fit the new one afterwards?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    That's mad, can they get on get on with the job and use the old light and fit the new one afterwards?
    I would imagine not as they have had it for ages and are keen to get it out of the shop. I don’t need it back so I’m happy they are looking after it.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Guru
    E36 M3 is going to Spa and the Ring (restrictions dependent) this year so will need some prep work.

E34 525ix is ready for mot so once it is back on the road I will do some lower priority jobs like replace aircon pipes and get some cold air for the first time in 10years of ownership.

F10 M5 - just keep driving it

E90 325i - with 110k miles, i nearly had it minted after refurbing the wheels and replacing a rusty front wing until the wife reversed into a skip. So its easier to replace the boot lid than to fart about with body shops.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

In the short term I’m planning to get a set of PS4s at the end of the month and like to get window tints removed. Would love a storm gear knob and handbrake in brushed aluminium to match the trim.

Have been toying with the idea of a quaife lsd and whiteline arbs that might happen this year.