Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for your BMW in 2021?

BMWHaus Guru

Plans for your BMW in 2021?

OK, I stole this idea from another forum but it seems like it would be a good one.

We have the “what have you done to your car today” thread, but maybe it would be good to have a “what are you planning/hoping to do with your car” thread too. Are you getting a new one? Or some mods to your existing car? Or maybe that long out off major maintenance job will finally get done?

For me?

- I want to finish off the rebuild of the e36 convertible in the coming month or two. The main work is done and whatever jobs are left to do the parts are “in stock” in my store room! I’m taking my time putting it back together as I’m swapping out any part/clip/trim that’s not in good order.
    - I might tax the M6 for the summer (COVID status pending, I want to be able to drive it somewhere!).
    - Maybe a facelift set of headlights for the Mini, and maybe some bigger injectors and another remap as a result.
    - M4, I’ll extend the warranty but not planning on any spend on that
    - Porsche, again, no plans to spend any money on it, I joined the Porsche Club of Ireland so I might go on a run or two with them.

I’d love if there was a resumption of car events in the second half of the summer. I miss seeing the nice machinery and hard work that has gone in to other people’s projects. A group of us had loosely planned a European road trip too last year following on from our Scotland ///M trip in 2019, that didn’t happen, so again it would be cool to think about something for September. Finally I’ve been rabbiting on for about two years about building a garage and hopefully I’ll get something up next summer too.

So any plans or aspirations that you are willing to share about your car(s)?

BMWHaus Contributor
    My plans for 2021:

20" 763m replica wheels. I know the genuine's are 19" front but I think I'd run a similar tyre size to the 20" 666m alloys on the comps
    H&R Lowering Springs
    Bmw M Performance LED Steering Wheel

Trips would love to drive it to Belgium Grand Prix.

BMWHaus Guru
    Good idea for a thread.

My plan is to buy an M car, probably an M4. I’ve just gone sale agreed on a house so as soon as we close that I’ll be in the market, hopefully this month or the next.

I was originally planning to bring one in from the UK but with the prospect of now paying VAT on top of VRT and complications with travelling during lockdown etc. I will be looking domestic.

I’ll probably hang on to my 318Ci. I only bought it as a cheap runaround and it’s high mileage so I doubt it’s a future classic, but it might be good to keep it as a bit of mini project and try get into something like decent condition.

BMWHaus Guru
    E30 - retrim is ongoing. Purple tag rack will be done while its abroad. Potentially a BBK. Some small paint work once I get it back. Maybe a set of bosch headlights and new fogs and potentially a new head unit. Looking to head to a show in Holland in August with it.

E36 - retrim. Some paint work.

F06 - tax it

F13 - clean it occasionally.

BMWHaus Contributor
    E61 m5 is currently with dave g getting a few bits done, e46 put a csl style front bumper on it and maybe a airbox ill see how finances are going, tax them depending on restrictions one for 3 months then the other for 3, e30 only needs tax xworks done a service recently on it, the x5 hopefully diesel only

BMWHaus Guru
    Sell it and buy a 6.2 Wagon (seems the Deane Motors one is not sold after all!)

Or carbon plenum and Nurburgring trip

BMWHaus Contributor
    Wheel refurb and full paint correction on Mr46 420 & renew the warranty she still loves it and definitely wants to run it another year

The STI is booked in next week for a service including all oil and lubricants being replaced

The McRae is parked up the last two years and I’ve no plans for it in 21

I might buy something mid year depending on the long awaited delivery of the defender commercial

Get some PDR done on the E46 before selling it to Andy.

E39 needs a new ABS pump in the coming months and to be driven a bit more than in 2020.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36 View Post
    Sell it and buy a 6.2 Wagon (seems the Deane Motors one is not sold after all!)

Or carbon plenum and Nurburgring trip
    Is the white cork registered one? Looks nice id imagine they would be keen on the e92 as a trade?

Hopefully get the M3 over to the 'Ring for the season as plans were scuppered last year.

Try decide on which CSL rep bumper to get for it or be daft and get a genuine one and paint that, the csl bootlid, bonnet and carbon wings for it.

Start on getting ready the 3.5 engine for it in the autumn or winter.

Hopefully try get some inroads to getting my E30s on the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    E61 m5 is currently with dave g getting a few bits done, e46 put a csl style front bumper on it and maybe a airbox ill see how finances are going, tax them depending on restrictions one for 3 months then the other for 3, e30 only needs tax xworks done a service recently on it, the x5 hopefully diesel only
    Want to get a bumper for mine too but not sure which one yet.