Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e46 M3 Airbox

e46 M3 Airbox

Hi All,

So Im currently looking to get some info on airbox options out there. I was keen on the Geoff Steel Racing Airbox but stupidly waited and now with Brexit, its looking too pricey. There is a group buy at the moment for 1349 sterling delivered to Dublin (or up north). Are there any other options that are trusted? I was offered a CSL clone that came from one of the owners forums. I had seen people mention German options but cant seem to find anything online outside of the GSR and Karbonius options.

I had seen the Eventuri intake option, especially with Des Golden bing an official seller, but feel that I would regret not going for the airbox..

Thanks
    Last edited by marcos_94; 10-02-21 at 11:05.
    1990 BMW 318iS (e30) - Laser Blue
    2003 BMW M3 (e46) - Titan Silver

BMWHaus Contributor
    https://www.instagram.com/haimusracing/?hl=en used be streamline before name change.. Their v2 ment to be good in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/haimusracing/?hl=en used be streamline before name change.. Their v2 ment to be good in quality.
    Have heard some horror stories aobut their V1 airbox. Would kind of put me off them to be honest, though they seem to have good customer service. Price works out similar to a GSR intake

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by marcos_94 View Post
    Have heard some horror stories aobut their V1 airbox. Would kind of put me off them to be honest, though they seem to have good customer service. Price works out similar to a GSR intake
    Yea saw that. If the company is serious about their business I would think after that incident they would make sure their quality is top notch. So could be a positive, but defo a risk, I would research it further. GSR box looks rough, weave is all over the place, its made for track cars so aesthetics not important but its meant to be solid.

I have a karbonius on my e46, couldn't fault it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    Yea saw that. If the company is serious about their business I would think after that incident they would make sure their quality is top notch. So could be a positive, but defo a risk, I would research it further. GSR box looks rough, weave is all over the place, its made for track cars so aesthetics not important but its meant to be solid.
    Yeah that’s very true, hopefully means their v2 is over engineered! Yeah u heard that but heard the latest version is a lot tidier and presentable

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    I have a karbonius on my e46, couldn't fault it.
    Would love one but can’t justify the cost of one! Would be over €2k before installation or any extra bits

Have a GSR box on mine. Got it in the last group but a few years ago and given I got one for my E36 too, they worked out at about 1700 for the two of them I think.

It works perfectly but it's abit function over form alright but only really an issue if wanting to show it off all the time lol.

I'll probably get a Karbonius or Streamline one when I've the new engine built.

Wouldn't be totally put off by the failures of streamlines box once they sorted the problem and Antonio fully took responsibility and offered to foot the bill of any repairs for the engine if it needed them.

One of the lads on here has one of the boxes too and Streamline contacted him straight away and he's getting another new box just in case.

I've seen an Evolve box go in shite too and think that one actually did do some damage to the engine and also have heard of Turner motorsport boxes fail.

Only ones I haven't heard of issues with are Oem csl boxes, Karbonius and GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMsport View Post
    Have a GSR box on mine. Got it in the last group but a few years ago and given I got one for my E36 too, they worked out at about 1700 for the two of them I think.

It works perfectly but it's abit function over form alright but only really an issue if wanting to show it off all the time lol.

I'll probably get a Karbonius or Streamline one when I've the new engine built.

Wouldn't be totally put off by the failures of streamlines box once they sorted the problem and Antonio fully took responsibility and offered to foot the bill of any repairs for the engine if it needed them.

One of the lads on here has one of the boxes too and Streamline contacted him straight away and he's getting another new box just in case.

I've seen an Evolve box go in shite too and think that one actually did do some damage to the engine and also have heard of Turner motorsport boxes fail.

Only ones I haven't heard of issues with are Oem csl boxes, Karbonius and GSR.
    Thanks for the info, im tempted now to try the streamline one. Where did you get yours tuned? Did you go Alpha N or CSL tune?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Here is another crowd that does them, from their insta looks like they based in Poland. Quality doesn't look that great to be honest.
    https://www.radicaltuning.eu/home/32...ne-carbon.html