Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: e46 M3 Airbox

Tuned it on a friend's dyno here in Cork (Fionnsport)
    Finbarr has worked at BMW and VAC so not many about that knows his away around them so well

I've a standalone ecu but I'd recommend going th CSL tune route rather than Alpha N as its much more refined.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMsport View Post
    Tuned it on a friend's dyno here in Cork (Fionnsport)
    Finbarr has worked at BMW and VAC so not many about that knows his away around them so well

I've a standalone ecu but I'd recommend going th CSL tune route rather than Alpha N as its much more refined.
    Iv heard of Fionnsport, was actually going to try get my e30 318is tuned there (once I get it back).

Yeah I keep hearing theres a big difference between the CSL tune and the Alpha N. Would defeinitely prefer to go CSL tune route. Good to know Fionnsport can do it.
    Last edited by marcos_94; 21-05-21 at 15:36.
    1990 BMW 318iS (e30) - Laser Blue
    2003 BMW M3 (e46) - Titan Silver

BMWHaus Contributor
    My new streamline one should be arriving in the next few days. The pics he sent look quite good. All the hose connections are not aluminium rather than printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bear View Post
    My new streamline one should be arriving in the next few days. The pics he sent look quite good. All the hose connections are not aluminium rather than printed.
    Be very interested to get your opinion of it and what it’s like once installed! Are you going to get the alpha n tune or csl tune?

BMWHaus Contributor
    I already have the CSL one. I sent my ecu to the UK as it wasn’t an MSS54HP ecu but the earlier MSS54 which doesn’t support the CSL setup with a MAP sensor.

I already have the CSL one. I sent my ecu to the UK as it wasn’t an MSS54HP ecu but the earlier MSS54 which doesn’t support the CSL setup with a MAP sensor.
    Im nearly certain I have the later generation that doesnt need tinkering with. Any recommendations on who to do the tune and fitting of it?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Can’t recommend someone to do the map unfortunately. Baris ecu in the uk can mod your ecu but as far as the software mods go your on your own.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Can you elaborate on that? Mine is 01 so I would assume I have earlier ECU. If I were to run airbox do I need to send my ECU to get it coded?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? Mine is 01 so I would assume I have earlier ECU. If I were to run airbox do I need to send my ECU to get it coded?
    Check out this link, it’s by Mike/M3Carbon1 on M3 cutters.

He was recommended to me by Will at Geoff Steel when I contacted them about their airbox.

I can’t vouch for him as I didn’t go any further with it but his post is very informative.

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...ptions.195885/

Hope you find it useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    You need to send the earlier ecu away to have the memory upgraded. Basically the CSL requires a chip with more memory which the non hp ecu doesn’t not have.