Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your parts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where do you get your parts?

Hi Folks,

I thought i would throw up this discussion as the difference in prices is extortionate across different sellers.
    Long story short i was looking for front discs for my e90 and only wanted Textar discs, the below is the prices i received.
    Local Auto factors - 150
    autodoc.de website- 160
    Autodoc App - 140
    Daparto website - 105

I recently started using daparto after seeing it on an episode of M539 restorations and i just cant beat their prices.

Anyone else have places that have a good price on parts?
    Daily Driver; E90 320d Sport Plus
    Owned; E34 535i Sport Manual

Previous; E36 Techno Violet 318is
    E36 M3

BMWHaus Contributor
    Great idea. I had been using autodoc for most oem stuff but starting using car-parts.ie. It is basically Autodoc, but for some reason parts are cheaper and the prices seem to be fixed instead of the daily lottery you get with autodoc.

I recently bought a set of ATE CSL front discs and pads on car-parts.ie for €370 delivered. The cheapest they ever dropped to on Autodoc was €430 delivered.

I will be ordering a few bits for the E34 next month and will definitely give Departo a go.

Other sites I use for genuine bmw parts are

HUBAUER-shop.de

Bmwautoparts.net

Both are far cheaper than any dealer I have used here or in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a ball of stuff in transit for the E34 from bmwautoparts, they are well priced for oem parts.
    I'm still fighting myself on whether i should pull the trigger on a new rear bumper or not

E36 M3

BMWHaus Contributor
    Just tried a few parts on Departo and they are all cheaper than car parts.ie and autodoc. How much do they charge for delivery?

Is it a SE or sports bumper you're after? I recently started using this site ebay-kleinanzeigen.de. Basically a German version of donedeal, It's a goldmine for second hand e34 stuff. Just picked up a set of genuine Aero roof bars for €85 delivered after searching for nearly a year. You might pick up a good second hand bumper on it. best use on Google chrome to translate, as it doesn't have an English option.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Delivery is cheaper than autodoc, the discs autodoc wanted 30 daparto charged 20. can be a pain at times cause some suppliers wont ship to Ireland so you have to check different suppliers

Looking for a sport bumper, the one i have can be saved but i would be concerned for its strength in the future.
    Would be a ball ache to spray the car and the bumper start cracking again

Will check it out and see what i can find

E36 M3

Is there an English version of the departo site ?
    I’ve recently used https://www.car-parts24.com/ they seem to be a small enough operation with pretty good prices and a good stock of oem parts.
    They are prompt to answer any questions via email too.
    Last edited by bonham23; 10-03-21 at 19:04.

BMWHaus Guru
    I sometimes buy parts from mister-auto.ie. In fact, I just received parts from them today, and they were right on time. Sometimes their delivery dates can be optimistic.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    I sometimes buy parts from mister-auto.ie. In fact, I just received parts from them today, and they were right on time. Sometimes their delivery dates can be optimistic.
    Oh they're doing deliveries again - I use them all the time, never had an issue - but they shut down orders after Brexit.

shop.bmw-classic.com is great for the older stuff - free delivery on orders over €75 is a massive help

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    Oh they're doing deliveries again - I use them all the time, never had an issue - but they shut down orders after Brexit.

shop.bmw-classic.com is great for the older stuff - free delivery on orders over €75 is a massive help
    Yes, I thought they had closed down for good but I checked a few weeks ago and they were back taking orders! They also have a mobile app now but it's pretty clunky.

BMWHaus Guru
    I use:

www.morrisonbmw.ie
    www.hubauer-shop.de

as my primary sources for OEM parts. I don't always automatically go for the cheapest parts, sometimes it is good to buy local (well Tipperary).

I'll also use Otto.ie too as they usually stock the top branded parts like Lemforder, NGK, Sachs, etc.

I just found over time that local, non affiliated motor factors stocked the lesser quality stuff. I was also a fan of Cotswold in the UK but the 33% hike in prices brought them to be more expensive than others now.