Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 cylinder e36 or M3 E46 wanted

BMWHaus Contributor
    As the owner of a "garage queen" I like the idea of doing 2 or 3k per year, going to shows and enjoying the summer holidays. If I daily drove it, I'd hate it I reckon. Striking a balance is key.

BMWHaus Guru
    You will all be delighted to hear the Alpine White car has 2k miles on it.

Regards
    Andy

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'm using mine as a daily since I bought it back in June and will be doing so until I can put it on a classic policy next year. I do very small mileage as my commute to work is under 10km, so not to worried about clocking up big miles in it. While I do still love driving it, I find for the last few months when I'm working nights I take the wife's car just to enjoy the comfort and the not having to come to a complete stop at every speed bump. Definitely agree with trying to strike a balance as driving one all the time probably takes some of the specialness away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hmm... I've only done 14k over 5 years in my one so would that almost put me into the garage queen bracket too

Nah.....

I would agree it's nice for crazy low mileage stuff to be locked away though alright like 2K mile E46 M3s, the pair of E30 M3 Sport Evos a few years ago with 9 and 20 miles on them and other stuff that's sub 10 or 20k miles in flawless condition.

However... I think lads locking away stuff that has anything more than 30k miles is abit sad. Even a 10 year old car with that mileage is going to have bits of wear and tear on it and even bits of surface rust and paint imperfections or little bits of stone chips here and there so might as well just drive the bloody things and spend the time and effort to restore them to as good as original or better when needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bump still on the lookout for something.