So it looks like I'm able to put the M3 on a classic policy sooner than I thought. Which means after this summer, I will be putting it in storage for the winter months. Since it is currently my daily, it means i will need something to daily for the winter months.

I was thinking about getting a R53 Cooper S, as I've always quite fancied one and they seem to be still relatively cheap. My only concern is I'm not really looking for another project that's going to haemorrhage money. Now I don't mind having to do the basic maintenance stuff like oils, filters pads and I have had a look into the supercharger oil change. It doesn't seem too bad, just time consuming.

I would pretty much only be using it to commute to work which is only 10km each way and the odd trip into town. Ultimately I just want something cheap, fun and comfortable that won't break the bank maintenance wise.

I know there are a few R53 Owners on here, so was wondering if they might be able to give me some insight into owning one, what things to look out for and what they are like maintenance wise.

I should mention 4k is my absolute max for one. TIA

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk