Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R53 Owners help please

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMsport View Post
    Cracking little cars! Friend has had one for a few years that his girlfriend used use as a daily before she got a 123d. He then took it over and made it a trackcar and Ring tool. They can have lots of small little issues like alternators packing up on us on two trips to the Ring, exhaust rots out on them but the JCW version is actually cheaper than the standard one. There's been no oil leaks on his own but then, he did rebuild the engine on it before the first trip to the Ring a few years ago.

Spec is 220-230bhp with alloy rad, silicone hoses, undersize pulley, airtec intercooler, decat, exhaust etc, Blistein coilovers, AP brakes, H&R arbs, all polybushed and facelift rear trailing arms, half cage and a few more bits and pieces. Could really benefit from an LSD so next plan I think is to fit a later close ratio box with lsd. It's helpless enough out of turn 3, Tarzan 2 and Devaneys in Mondello without the diff

Here's a clip with me taking it for a spin in '19.

https://youtu.be/qqUYmJPl4ng?t=25

As Philip says... the addiction to modding them is the biggest issue with owning them
    Looks like a cracking little car.

To be honest my biggest fear about buying one, is that I will get addicted to moding it and start pumping money into one. I already have three cars & three kids bleeding me dry . Not sure if I could afford another money pit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'd be doing well if only had 3 projects and we've a baby on the way in 3 months too so I'd imagine I'm in for a rude awakening

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMsport View Post
    I'd be doing well if only had 3 projects and we've a baby on the way in 3 months too so I'd imagine I'm in for a rude awakening
    Surely you could fit an isofix in there somewhere congrats on the impending arrival.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    Surely you could fit an isofix in there somewhere congrats on the impending arrival.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I have two sets of spare Mini isofix brackets Dave no excuses

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Haha, the Mini isn't mine but in fairness the GTI has isofix in all so ready to go and M3 would be just as practical if I wasn't after putting a climbing frame in the back lol

I'll be fitting isofix mounts to the Defender with the rear Recaro LSes though all going to plan and obviously already have them in our crewcab D2 and X5 so we're all set really
    Last edited by DaveMsport; 29-03-21 at 22:21.