Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Maintenance Pack Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

BMW Maintenance Pack Question

Hi,

I bought a car recently and according to the options list it has something called “Maint Pack: 12/01/2018 to 11/01/2023”. I didn’t buy the car from a main dealer, and the dealer I bought it from couldn’t give me any info about this. Can anyone tell me what exactly this option would have provided and if I can get the benefit of it as the new owner of the car?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the service pack and it's tied to the car and not the owner...

You can check it here.

https://www.bmwservice.ie/contentv3/

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Thanks very much. I can’t really tell from that link whether I have the benefit of it or not, I just put in the car details and it gives me a list of service items and their prices?

I think if you try to book a service by going through the steps it should show you service items as free

Also look at the BMW connected page - you can register there and see all the services and expiry date of all the services (nav, service etc)

Or failing that call the service department in a dealership - they should be able to tell you.

Usually the dealer has called us proactively when service things are coming up (bloody telematics)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Cool I’ll give all that a go, thanks!

As per the other posts any dealer can tell you from the reg or VIN number.
    Or else logon to bmw connected that will show service pack dates and any other electronic packs such as map updates etc.

You'll get a code in idrive to link the car to your account. The mybmw app will let you lock the car and check it's location with the same login details.

Did you get something starting with M ??

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    As per the other posts any dealer can tell you from the reg or VIN number.
    Or else logon to bmw connected that will show service pack dates and any other electronic packs such as map updates etc.

You'll get a code in idrive to link the car to your account. The mybmw app will let you lock the car and check it's location with the same login details.
    Cool thanks. I actually have the MyBMW app already and I’ve connected it to the car, etc. It’s got some cool features, but I can’t seem to find any information about servicing. Maybe I just need to play around the app more and figure it out!

Did you get something starting with M ??
    I did indeed... and ending with a 4

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    Cool thanks. I actually have the MyBMW app already and I’ve connected it to the car, etc. It’s got some cool features, but I can’t seem to find any information about servicing. Maybe I just need to play around the app more and figure it out!
    I checked mine again and you actually need to goto the website: https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ie/ap...rtal/dashboard
    there should be a date in the BMW service inclusive box.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    I did indeed... and ending with a 4
    Congrads ! Tell us more....

BMWHaus Guru
    Ah CitizenKane, you've been talking about picking one up for so long. I'm delighted to hear you took the plunge! Is it all that you expected? Tell us more for sure, photos, reviews. Share the experience!

BMWHaus Guru
    Congrads ! Tell us more....
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36 View Post
    Ah CitizenKane, you've been talking about picking one up for so long. I'm delighted to hear you took the plunge! Is it all that you expected? Tell us more for sure, photos, reviews. Share the experience!
    Haha indeed, you'll no longer have to put up with my posts moaning about the fact I don't have an M car!

It's a 2018 M4 Competition Pack in Mineral Grey with Black interior. I'll get some photos up once I've given it a clean, which is overdue (it's been a busy few months with a 4 month old baby and a house move less than 2 months ago, I simply haven't had time)! I'd say it's exceeded my expectations to be honest. I'd spent so much time researching these cars but actually hadn't driven one (or any M car for that matter) until very recently. In truth I'd hoped to have spent a bit more time trying out some of the other generations (E46, E9X) before taking the plunge. But for various reasons that didn't happen (the pandemic didn't help) and I had more or less settled on the F8X for a while now. Part of that was because, on paper at least, it is probably the most "sensible" choice of M car given it will be my daily.

The car I picked up has a full BMW service history and is fairly well specced (Comp pack as mentioned, Harman Kardon, Extended Leather, M Performance steering wheel and exterior carbon stuff). Only real negative is the mileage is on the high side at just shy of 100,000km. Although that's higher than I was looking for, frankly, I managed to get quite a good deal on the car and got comfortable that it's been maintained well, so I was happy to go with it as the car otherwise ticked all the boxes.

In terms of driving - it's just an amazing machine. As someone who hasn't spent that much time driving properly fast cars, the speed of this thing was/is genuinely frightening. I'm still very much taking my time to learn and understand the car, but from the few times I've stretched the legs even briefly the performance is startling. I was also surprised at how good it sounds (the M Performance exhaust helps I guess) and at how much it loves to rev. I'd read so much stuff on the internet about how it sounds crap compared to E9X, etc. It may not sound as good as the V8, but I've learned that that just says more about how good the V8 sounds than the F8X sounding bad.

Another thing that has surprised me is how civilised the car feels when pottering around in Efficient/Comfort mode under 2,000 RPM - at times it feels, dare I say it, as if you're just driving any other "normal" BMW. But the way it can transform into an absolute monster at a second's notice is quite special. I can't see myself changing the car any time soon, and if we're all going to be forced into driving hybrids/electric cars in the near future then I think this is the perfect car to keep me going until that happens!