Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E46 M3 Exhaust: Scorpion or Schmiedmann? Any opinions?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Yea saw that one. Might be a tad too loud and obnoxious? Was looking for more videos but couldnt find any.
    Not sure coding to back fire is ment to be good for your cats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSDv...l=DWMotorsport But defo seems like good price.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    Yea saw that one. Might be a tad too loud and obnoxious? Was looking for more videos but couldnt find any.
    Not sure coding to back fire is ment to be good for your cats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSDv...l=DWMotorsport But defo seems like good price.
    Yeah I wouldn’t be coding that in. The software I have has that option but never tried it when I had the M3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll kill your cats with a crackle tune. Fine if running decats if pops and bangs are your thing I suppose lol.

Out of Scorpion and Eissenmann, I'd go Eissenmann if I could without a doubt. They sound so much better.

I've had scorpion on my car at first and it does sound good but it drones abit at 50-60mph.
    I've a full supersprint lightweight race system now and although louder, I think it drones less!

I'd agree with Smokey though. A carbon airbox will always trump an exhaust on these cars so I'd be going for that first if at all possible.

I can't really hear my airbox over the exhaust when inside the car at times which is a shame.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    in my opinion waste of money carbon box and remaps. too offten fucked ECU after maps and never get use out of it for road car for sure .better spend money on other stuff
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

On that basis, everything that's commonly done to these cars is a big waste of money though.

Exhaust, doesn't really add power and never get use out of it on the road
    Cams, Better brakes, 4.1 diff and better lsd, coilovers, reinforced racps etc all would be a waste of money if compare them to what you get out of them on the road to a carbon airbox.

But lots of people still do those jobs.

Don't really see how you never get to use a carbon airbox on the road either as there's a massive difference in noise from 2-3k up.

If never get the use out of one, might as well just drive a 320d

Would agree though, there's lots of ECUs and engines getting ruined by "Alpha N" tunes especially E36 M3s with lads not even going to the expense of a proper airbox and just getting a generic 100 euro ecu flash.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I am not concerned with losing couple bhp by adding exhaust. Its mainly for sound and a bit of theater as the car is going to be weekend only.
    Plus its a bolt on as oppose to intakes and I am not in a humor of getting one this year.